Five scriptures children should memorize to help them deal with everyday issues:
1. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. — James 1:5 NIV. You don’t have to figure out everything out yourself the Holy Spirit is there to guide you.
2. Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. — Proverbs 4:23 NLT. There will be people who wants to get close to you for selfish reasons. Guard your heart and keep it protected because your whole life will depend on it. Don’t let people in who you don’t trust that they have your best interests in mind.
3. God will fight the battle for you. And you? You keep your mouths shut! — Exodus 14:14 MSG. Our first defense when we are being attacked is to fight back with words you hurt my feelings so therefore I will hurt your feelings back. In today’s world it is easy to find courage behind the computer or phone to attack those that attack us. But instead of fighting back with words, the best thing you can do is turn to God and ask Him to fight for you. Jesus knows the truth, and He wants to defend you.
4. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. — 1 Peter 1:7 NLT. Don’t feel as if you have to carry your burdens alone. It is hard enough to compete in this world where everything have to be perfect. I always tell my son do your best and pray. When we ask Jesus to carry our burden he will.
5. Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. — Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT. Trust Jesus to direct your path. When you trust God and seek to do His will He will guide you. He’ll bring people into your life to help you. He will give you peace about decisions you make.